01 August 2011

follow

In 10 days I leave for Nairobi and beyond. It is yet another major transition in my life. I am so thankful that I have a few weeks to spend time with my friends and family before I head off. As my departure date gets closer I am more nervous. Lord, do I really have to go? I mean not that I am complaining about traveling East Africa or going home but must I leave Seattle, the city I can finally call my home. Then again, what better time to go than now? It is time. I am reassured. I need to go home to reconcile what I thought I was to who I learned to be in the context of home. I have learned so much …

In this waiting time before I leave this family, [only for a short few months] I will claim His Word. I will cling to this promise:
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
~Genesis 28:15
Where You go I go. Where you stay I stay. Where you move I move. I will follow You.

No comments:

Post a Comment